Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The animals of Philly, and (stuffed) vegetables of New England.

So, I have a little bit of retrospective blogging to do.

This March, I met several fuzzy friends whose pictures I would like to share.

Kellie Lin Knott and I spotted this handsome carriage horse during our mid-March jaunt down to Philly. He was working in front of Independence Hall, sporting his St. Patrick's day gear:



And elsewhere in the historic district, we spotted this gorgeous St. Bernard, a real sweetie, named Buddy:



Then later...up in Maine and New Hampshire at the end of the month, Teresa Storch and I had company from a certain stuffed gherkin....

Here he is--Mr. Pickles--sunning himself in the window of Teresa's room at The Highlands Inn in Bethlehem, NH:


And here is the view from Mr. Pickles' window:




(Yes, this is what really goes on on tour. We take pictures of stuffed cucumbers in our rooms. Now you know.)

Anyway...Mr. P was a gift to Teresa from a marvelous singer-songwriter, John Linn, one of the few folksingers I know who throws even MORE hammer-ons into his guitar parts then I do. And, he recently co-wrote a song with Kellie. (TINY folk world, isn't it?)

And now, it's time for me to stop writing! (I can already tell; this blog is going to be way too much fun....)

More posts will be headed your way shortly, so check back soon!

No comments: